The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:10pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
virtuoso passive component designer (Read 66 times)
oermens
Community Member

virtuoso passive component designer
Feb 17th, 2009, 11:48am

i am having some problems with VPCD:

1. I set up my environment according to users guide, but when I try to do custom inductor/transformer i get this message:

WARNING: cannot find display.drf file [/opt/cadence/test.tlib/display.drf].
You need to copy your [display.drf] file to directory [/home/.vpcm_datdir] manually.
ERROR: starting GTE failed.

however i have the .techfile and display.drf in the correct folders... my process's procfile was encrypted so i exported it to "internal format" using vpcm so i could modify it.

2. I can't generate cells with ground+shield, i get the following message:

("error" 56 t nil ("*Error* No contact!"))\w *WARNING* Pcell evaluation for vpcm/PCM_shld_rect/layout has the following error(s):
\w *WARNING* ("error" 56 t nil ("*Error* No contact!"))
\w *WARNING* Error kept in "errorDesc" property of the label "pcellEvalFailed" on layer/purpose "marker/error" in the submaster.
\w
\o ("error" 56 t nil ("*Error* No contact!"))

any ideas how to solve either of these problems?

« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2009, 12:59pm by oermens »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: virtuoso passive component designer
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2009, 7:54pm

For the first one, support for custom inductors using GTE has been dropped - the flow wasn't completed, and the approach of supporting existing pcells was preferred.

Overall you should contact Cadence customer support - VPCD is now in limited support mode, so best to discuss your needs via your usual Cadence support channel.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.