The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 4:48am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
QPSS: PORT Frequency Name (Read 3619 times)
essam

QPSS: PORT Frequency Name
Feb 22nd, 2009, 8:54am

Hello All,

I am trying to setup a QPSS simulation for a mixer.
Whenever I run the simulation I get the following message:

ERROR (CMI-2446): PORT1: The frequency name F1 is inconsistent with the names listed in 'funds' for this analysis.

I know that this error appears when you have a different name in QPSS setup than what is used in the PORT placed in the schematic, or when there are extra names in QPSS setup itself.

I have checked more than once that the names in the analysis perfectly match those in schematic, and that there are no extra names/frequencies in the QPSS setup.

I also deleted the analysis and did it again, and deleted the port and placed it again.

NOTHING WORKS!

ANY SOLUTION ?!!!

Thanks,
Essam

View Profile   IP Logged
essam

Re: QPSS: PORT Frequency Name
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2009, 8:59am

OK GUYS1

It worked after random trials. Still don't know the reason!

Essam

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:05pm

Best way to debug this is to look at the resulting netlist; usually it is very clear then - you look at the qpss analysis statement, and the referred to PORT1 instance (in this case) and check the consistency. Often it's because this frequency name is not listed in the funds argument.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
essam

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2009, 3:19pm

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

For some reason, SpectreRF does not write the frequency F1 in the qpss statement input.scs file.

What I have done is manually add it in the statement and then run spectreRF (in ADE) without re-creating the netlist.

It works.

But I do not know why it does not write the correct qpss statement automatically

Regards,
Essam

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:01am

Is the source with the frequency name "F1" in the top level of the design hierarchy? Or at a lower level. In older 5141 subversions, these were not located by the choose analysis form, and so were not output.
But that should work these days.

What IC subversion are you using (what does Help->About...) say in the CIW?

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.