The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 3:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
transient load for bandgap voltage reference (Read 1826 times)
misc

transient load for bandgap voltage reference
Apr 13th, 2009, 8:38pm

Dear forumites,

i am designing a bandagap voltage reference for and ADC. When i check for load current simulation for my architecture i found the bandgap voltage switching between certain voltages. i am expecting this to be constant with load current variations. I have attached transient load current response for reference, any inputs how to make my output constant with load current varions is of great help.

TIA
Raags

bgr.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
misc

Re: transient load for bandgap voltage reference
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2009, 8:40pm

also i am attaching the block level schematic for the reference

thanks in dvance
raags

sch.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: transient load for bandgap voltage reference
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2009, 2:47am

hi Raags,
              you should not draw current from the band gap,if you want draw put a buffer and then connect load,because when you are trying to draw current from the load it will come from the M1,then op amp will increase its bias and hence Mo current will also increase, then perfect cancellation of temp coefficients is impossible.
   From your graph at zero current band gap voltage  is at where it has to be.when you are trying to draw current it will increase because of op amp output increment. For convince your self add a dc current source at the load and  see how your voltage will vary with temp,i guess it will vary a lot...
  Another point i am trying to bring out is if you are connecting some thing at one side of the BG,connect other side also , this is the principle behind factional band gap.

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.