The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 1:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
[hspice] .measure'd values in analysis in the same file (Read 1636 times)
samba-r

[hspice] .measure'd values in analysis in the same file
Apr 30th, 2009, 9:59am

Hi, I've traced many manuals and examples but I can't get nor the direct answer, nor a useful example for the following question for HSPICE: can one use .measure'd values in an analysis in the same file.

For example, I want to find the operating point for a device (linear region on its transfer function), i.e. a neighbourhood around the input voltage where the derivative of the output voltage is at its maximum.
Then I want e.g. to do another analysis around that point, that is I need to use the found input voltage value as a parameter of the analysis directive.
Then I want e.g. to do AC analysis at that operating point. For that reason I supposingly need to shift the input voltage source by the found value of the input voltage, that is I need to use the found value as a parameter in the voltage source expression.

Is it possible to do all these things automatically, i.e. without one's own intervention and cnanging the netlist?

Thanks in advance,
samba

View Profile   IP Logged
spiceoracle

USA
Re: [hspice] .measure'd values in analysis in the same file
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2009, 3:34pm

.MEASURE statements is a post processing function and the results cannot be used in the same simulation.

Forgive me if I'm not understanding what you want to do correctly, but this sounds similar to an optimization and you might want to consider setting up an optimization.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.