The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 6:29am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Verilog-A model for comparator (Read 5729 times)
Pranav Cherupalli

Sacramento
Verilog-A model for comparator
Aug 11th, 2009, 2:44pm

I have been trying to model the practical functionality of a Regenerative comparator (latched comparator) to be used as a behavioral model in a pipeline ADC. I have searched for models with similar resemblance, but most of the models seem to be ideal comparators. I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this.

I tried to model using laplace_nd for the +ve and -ve resistance of the comparator, but somehow the model doesn't seem to work as it gets into a simulation convergence problem.

Also I am looking for documentation on Industry standard methodologies for developing Verilog-A models.

Thanks in Advance Smiley.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sumit Adhikari
Community Member

Re: Verilog-A model for comparator
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2009, 1:45am

For your convergence issue, please check the initialization of all nodes at
@(initial_step). This will most probably solve your convergence problem.
Regards,
Sumit

View Profile   IP Logged
rajdeep

UK
Re: Verilog-A model for comparator
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2009, 5:33am

This is a very late response. But would like to know what non-ideal behaviors you want to model?
A comparator model with hysteresis, finite rise, fall time can be easily done, and most probably available in books or Verilog-A LRM.

cheers!
Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.