The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 3:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to calculate the out band of IIP3 in communication system? (Read 2276 times)
spring

China ShangHai
How to calculate the out band of IIP3 in communication system?
Sep 09th, 2009, 10:32pm

Hi, everyone,
In communication system, when there are blocks in N+2 channel and N+4 channel, how to calculate the out band of IIP3, I read a paper"A direct-conversion receiver for DVB-H" it says IIP3=(2Pd+Pa+G-IMD3)/2, I do not know how this formula derived, any one can give me some analysis. thank you:)

spring

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: How to calculate the out band of IIP3 in communication system?
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2009, 5:16am

Hi,

first I assume you are trying to calculate the required IIP3, not the IIP3 of some circuit block. You don't need the blockers to be in the N+2 and N+4 channel, N+1 and N+2 will do. The 3rd order output will be

y3 = Bx3
10log(y3) = 30log(x) + 10logB

the first order is

y1 = Ax
10log(y1) = 10log(x) + 10log(A)

From here its pretty straight forward. IIP3 is the value of x where y1 and y3 are equal. The gain is of course equal to 10log(A). you can substitute the powers in the N+1 and N+2 channels in y3.

cheers,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.