The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 28th, 2024, 12:13pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
About supply voltage for RF and analog circuit of wifi with 65nm or 90nm (Read 2432 times)
easyads

About supply voltage for RF and analog circuit of wifi with 65nm or 90nm
Sep 29th, 2009, 11:23pm

Hi
    Tsmc cmos65nm or 90nm provide three types of mos transistors: 1.2V, 1.8V and 3.3V.  I am not deciede which type transistor should be used for RF and analog circuit of wifi.  For 1.2V, the power consumption is the lowest and the design is the most difficult. For 3.3V, power consumption is the largest and design may be easiest.
    Many large companies such as marvel,atheros, broadcom, realtek, and csr have provide wifi chip  with 65nm or 90nm cmos process.  I want to know which type transistors(1.2V, 18V or 3.3V) are adopted for RF and analog circuit?
    Could you please give me your opinion or experience about supply voltage for RF and analog circuit for wifi under 65nm or 90nm cmos process?
  Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: About supply voltage for RF and analog circuit of wifi with 65nm or 90nm
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2009, 11:51pm

hi,
   i think for analog design always chose max voltage to get good SNR, swing.....But you can't say higher voltage leads to higher power dissipation because at higher voltage level you will get desired gain and bandwidth for lesser current ..probably the case what you have explained is digital there power dissipation is depends on the V*V.

Thanks,
rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
cczhang

Re: About supply voltage for RF and analog circuit of wifi with 65nm or 90nm
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2009, 12:34am

easyads wrote on Sep 29th, 2009, 11:23pm:
Hi
    Tsmc cmos65nm or 90nm provide three types of mos transistors: 1.2V, 1.8V and 3.3V.  I am not deciede which type transistor should be used for RF and analog circuit of wifi.  For 1.2V, the power consumption is the lowest and the design is the most difficult. For 3.3V, power consumption is the largest and design may be easiest.
    Many large companies such as marvel,atheros, broadcom, realtek, and csr have provide wifi chip  with 65nm or 90nm cmos process.  I want to know which type transistors(1.2V, 18V or 3.3V) are adopted for RF and analog circuit?
    Could you please give me your opinion or experience about supply voltage for RF and analog circuit for wifi under 65nm or 90nm cmos process?
  Thanks

hi,
I don't know have think about the flicker noise about the MOSFET. in my opinion, the 1.8v 3.3v mos in 65nm/90nm process, the thickness of gate oxide will be much higher. and so the flicker noise. in the rf analog design it is bad. so i don't think you can get good performance by large vdd.
cczhang

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.