The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 27th, 2024, 10:23pm
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stability discussion (Read 19863 times)
Mayank
Community Fellow

Re: Stability discussion
Reply #30 - Nov 09th, 2009, 11:01am

Hi raja,
          MiddleBrook requires you to calculate Av and Ai...Using these probes in your schematic....you dont need to perform any processing....just place an iprobe in your schematic....choose stb analysis from ADE....select the probe as the probe instance...and run a stb analysis over deisred freq. range...It automatically gives you the Loop Gain Bode Plots...No post processing required...faster analysis...
[ I agree with Jerry here....Best Design Tool -> Capable designers Tongue ]

--Mayank.

View Profile   IP Logged
buddypoor
Community Fellow

Bremen, Germany
Reply #31 - Nov 10th, 2009, 12:53am

Hi Mayank,

I cannot comment on ADS capabilities (stb analysis) as I am not familiar with this program.
However, in order to avoid problems and misunderstandings, just one hint: The phase margin concept within the frame of the BODE plot gives correct results only if the NYQUIST criterion in its simplified form with its restrictions is applicable.
Thanks
LvW

LvW (buddypoor: In memory of the great late Buddy Rich)
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #32 - Nov 15th, 2009, 12:12am

Note that it is spectre that is providing stb analysis within ADE (Analog Design Environment) (not ADS which is a simulator from Agilent; that may well also have a stb analysis, but I can't answer that).

Regards,

Andrew

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Mayank
Community Fellow

Reply #33 - Nov 15th, 2009, 2:38am

Hi,
    I was referring to Analog Design Environment ADE from Cadence....Guess buddy mistook it as Agilent's ADS, but simulator's name wasnt his point....So didnt correct...
    Anyways,  Thanx for the correction Sir....

regards,
Mayank

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.