The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 5:07am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rapid IP2 simulation for LNA (Read 3033 times)
gang

santa clara
rapid IP2 simulation for LNA
Oct 26th, 2009, 2:32pm

Hello, there

I am wondering if anyone has experience on using Rapid IP2/ IM2 distortion summary ( a specialized PAC analysis) for LNA?  I always get errors like below

"more than one frequency matches are found between input and linear output signals"

In my setup, port is used with single tone input.  PSS is setup based on this beat frequency, frf.  PAC is set up with single point analysis at frf+delta_f.  

thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
andrewli

San Jose
Re: rapid IP2 simulation for LNA
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2009, 2:24pm

I guess you specified input frequency for input 1 and input 2. In this case, you can change the rf input source to be something between input source 1 and source 2.

For example,if you already set 2G as input source 1 in pac form, and 2.0025G as source 2, You can set PSS beat frequency as 2.001G. The error message will be gone.

However, the more natural way to do rapid IP2 for LNA is to use AC specialized analysis. IN this way, you just need to set DC in rf input port, then input 1 as 2G, input 2 2.0025G, the frequency of linear output is 2.0025G and IM output is 2.5M.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.