The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte Carlo "sensitivity" analysis, comparator offset (Read 5416 times)
AnalogDE

Monte Carlo "sensitivity" analysis, comparator offset
Oct 26th, 2009, 2:33pm

I am simulating comparator DC offset using Monte Carlo analysis in Eldo.  Is there a way to do a sort of "sensitivity" analysis so that eldo can point me to the devices that contribute the most to the offset ?  That way, I can pinpoint those devices and upsize them to get the most bang for the buck...

Thanks in advance

View Profile   IP Logged
BackerShu
Community Member

Re: Monte Carlo "sensitivity" analysis, comparator offset
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2009, 4:20am

I also want to measure the DC offset of a compatator.

A method mentioned in this paper could sovle the problem.
http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/

I've read through the paper and think that the method will work. Unfortunately, by now,  I haven't figured out how to save the MonteCarlo simulation results into a file.

Hope some experts  helps us out! By the way, I use spectre to do the MC simulation and use Matlab to do the post-processing.

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2009, 6:03am by BackerShu »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Dipankar
Community Member

Re: Monte Carlo "sensitivity" analysis, comparator offset
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2009, 6:52am

BackerShu wrote on Dec 3rd, 2009, 4:20am:
I also want to measure the DC offset of a compatator.

A method mentioned in this paper could sovle the problem.
http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/

I've read through the paper and think that the method will work. Unfortunately, by now,  I haven't figured out how to save the MonteCarlo simulation results into a file.

Hope some experts  helps us out! By the way, I use spectre to do the MC simulation and use Matlab to do the post-processing.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

There is one tool out there - SOLIDO VARIATION DESIGNER. Itegrated with Virtuoso, can work with HSPICE  netlist too. They basically hack your simulator engine to run your desired MC simulation/ corner simulation. What is extra is all kind of post processing, backannotation of any particular result to ADE, sensitivity analysis and so on.

With Thanks and Regards,
Dipankar.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.