The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 12:29pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to modify the default setting in waveform plot of AWD? (Read 50 times)
subgold
Community Member

how to modify the default setting in waveform plot of AWD?
Nov 24th, 2009, 1:11am

i would like to modify the default setting of 'Number of Ticks' in waveform plot of AWD.

i thought the setting is in the .cdsenv file, but i cannot find relevant information in that file.

could somebody please tell me how to modify that? thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Re: how to modify the default setting in waveform plot of AWD?
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 5:08am

Hi Subgold,

As far as I know, The awd defaults can only be customized using the Skill function "awvSetOptionValue". Therefore, you need to make use of the .cdsinit file, not the .cdsenv as the latter does not understand Skill. the .cdsenv file reads the direct tool customization without any sort of evaluation.

For your particular question, you may try the following in your .cdsinit file:
Code:
awvSetWaveformToolName("awd")
awvSetOptionValue("numIdentifier" 50) ; 50 ticks

Please note the need to set up awd as the the waveform viewer as default is wavescan, assuming IC5141.
Also, you can use awvSetOptionValue() anytime during the run of your cadence session as any changes take effect at the next started awd.

All of the above is documented in the "Virtuoso Analog Design Environment SKILL Language Reference" that is available through cdsdoc/cdnshelp in your IC/doc install.

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.