The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:40am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Accumulating Jitter  VS.   Period Jitter (Read 3043 times)
Mayank
Community Fellow

Accumulating Jitter  VS.   Period Jitter
Jan 08th, 2010, 1:07am

Hi folks,
     Ken in his paper on PLLnoise + Jitter introduces two variables in VerlogA Model of an VCO+FDN ---- Accumulating Jitter  &  Synchronous Jitter.
         I Guess Accumulating Jitter comes from VCO  & Synchronous Jitter is Jitter of Divider.

Question 1 :---  Which of these metrics define the Single Period Jitter of the Clock if I tap my Output at VCO Output ??

Question 2 :--  What is the correlation between these variables used in VerilogA Model [ Accumulating Jitter  & Synchronous Jitter ]  and actual Jitter Metrics [ Single Period Jitter & Cycle-to-Cycle Jitter ]

Question 3 :--  In one place, it is stated that Synchronous Jitter represents Edge-to-Edge Jitter of the Clock....What is the relation between Edge-to-Edge Jitter and Cycle-to-Cycle Jitter ?

Question 4 :-- How to calculate Edge-to-Edge Jitter of PLL Output Clock when i have it's transient data for a long time(say 100us) ??

It would be very helpful if someone could help in clearing these doubts.

--
regards,
Mayank.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.