The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulating artisan libraries (Read 5527 times)
Murat H. Eskiyerli
Ex Member

Simulating artisan libraries
Apr 08th, 2010, 8:14am

We got access to Artisan 0.25um logic libraries through Europractice. When I downloaded the library, I was faced a bunch of directories including information for place & route tools, cadence/synopsys symbols and a verilog descriptions in verilog.v.
What I gather, I can only instantiate the library cells as symbols, and maybe simulate them. Now, the question how I can use this verilog.v file to use in simulations. I understand I need to use spectreverilog simulator with hierarchy editor and then use mixed-mode simulation menu to partition the design. Only thing missing is how to tell the simulator where to find the verilog descriptions of symbols.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Simulating artisan libraries
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2010, 2:48am

Well, spectreVerilog is rather an old mixed-signal simulation interface. You could use AMS Designer instead (ams as the simulator) which is much more modern.

From spectreVerilog, you can go to Simulation->Options->Digital and give the paths to the Verilog files (something like -y or -v on the form). There are similar options for AMS.

If you are only doing digital simulation (i.e. no transistor level), then you could use the direct NC Verilog interface (from the schematic, do Tools (or Launch)->Simulation->NC Verilog (for example)).

Sorry the answer is not that precise - I don't have to tools to hand to be able to answer more precisely.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: Simulating artisan libraries
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2010, 2:00am

Another way may be to import your verilog library (*.v) as functional view to your symbol library. Then the Hierarchy Editor can use the functional
view for the std. cells.
* bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.