The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 1:17pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Phase Noise requirement for OFDM transmitter (Read 497 times)
sandman
Community Member

Phase Noise requirement for OFDM transmitter
May 05th, 2010, 5:03am

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform an EVM budgeting for an OFDM transmitter. Would anyone here have a good understanding of how phase noise specifications/requirements for an LTE (OFDM) transmitter are obtained/calculated (even approximately) ?

I understand how phase noise amounts to common phase error and random phase errors but I'm not sure how the LO (PLL) phase noise requirements are calculated.

On the same thread, does anyone understand how to tie the transmitter impairments to EVM performance ? Most of the Tx impairments - IQ errors, Phase noise, Nonlinearity etc. result in a noise like 'state spreading' on the IQ constellation; so how does one budget for these impairments?

If you have strong theories or (even better) publications to share, that would be an immense help!

Thanks and cheers!

View Profile   IP Logged
sandman
Community Member

Re: Phase Noise requirement for OFDM transmitter
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2010, 8:01am

Anyone who could provide even approximative inputs?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.