The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 2nd, 2024, 3:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
viarations of poly resisitor (Read 5996 times)
kennycs

viarations of poly resisitor
May 14th, 2010, 9:37pm

when I simulate circuits with both mosfet and poly resistor ,I am confused how to set the corner.
As we know we can choose TT, SS, FF for mosfet ,and RMIN, RMAX, RTYP for poly resistor. However, I want to know whether the corner of poly resistor is independent with the one of mosfet ,or not ?
thanks! 

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: viarations of poly resisitor
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2010, 5:06am

I would expect the delta-L and delta-W of the poly resistors to be correlated with delta-L and delta-W of the poly gates of the MOS devices.  However, I don't know whether this over/under-etch is the most important source of statistical variation.  Probably the threshold voltage shift and oxide thickness variation are more important.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
littlej

Shanghai
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2010, 12:06am

RES model is indepedant with mosfet and other devices.
You can use lib TT_RES/SS_RES/FF_RES.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2010, 6:06am

littlej - the model files may show that RES model is independent of MOS model, but I'm sure that's not completely true in actual silicon.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
aLittleKnowledge

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2010, 3:57am

Variations of MOSFET gate length do correlate with variations in poly-resistor width.  However, MOSFET length is also affected by sidewall oxide dimensions, and in many processes the poly-resistor is not at the same height as the gate, so the photo-effects will be different.
There is some small correlation between resistivity and VT.  So far as I know there are no other correlations between these devices.

View Profile   IP Logged
love_analog

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2010, 1:48pm

I don't think Resistor and gate will correlate that well. Typically we make the resistor wider so mitigate the delta(W) effect. most of resistor variation comes from the variation in resistivity.

loveanalog.blogspot.com
The Power of Analog
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.