The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 6:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pll veriloga model nosie analysis (Read 1075 times)
tea

pll veriloga model nosie analysis
May 17th, 2010, 9:33am

Dear Experts

i have a few questions on pll veriloga phase noise modeling.

i created voltage-domain VCODIV/PFDCP/OSC veriloga models based on Ken's paper: Predicting the Phase Noise and Jitter of PLL-Based Frequency Synthesizers. I bumped into some issues need your advice!!! Thank you!!  

1) did i insert phase noise in the right way? if not, what is the right way?

i need to use noise transfer functions derived from Matlab based on design correlated phase noise-frequency pair. so my voltage outputs of OSC for example is like:

originally it was like this:
vnoise = $rdist_normal(seed,0,1) * laplace_nd(V(in),{2.686e26,3.105e20}, {1.954e33, 9.858e27,1});

however, the full PLL PSS/Pnoise analysis can not take the hidden state 'seed' nor the 'state' variable in PFDCP model, Spectre RF errors out in PSS analysis

I also tried to put the noise filter to a white_noise source, AC analysis can show the noise filter effect, not noise analysis  

vnoise =  laplace_nd(white_noise(1,"wpn")+V(in),{7.047e21,6.032e15 }, {6.646e28, 1.921e23,1});

V(out)<+ V(in)+vnoise;

so in short, i can only see the noise filter effect in AC analysis, i can not do PSS/Pnoise analysis on the full pll with voltage-domain models

2) it seems to me, i can only use AC analysis, not PSS/Pnoise analysis?

i am thinking i can try phase-domain models too, however, only AC analysis shows the noise filter effect; so i can only use AC analysis? i can not use PSS/Pnoise analysis for the full pll?

sorry if i asked silly questions, i kind of new to this pll noise analysis thing

thanks for your wisdom!

jasmine

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.