The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 6:35am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Typical Audio, CD quality Anti aliasing filter (Read 4451 times)
Fernando

Typical Audio, CD quality Anti aliasing filter
Nov 05th, 2010, 4:15pm

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a simulink model of a typical anti-aliasing filter used in audio, CD quality (ie 44Khz sampling rate).

Does anybody know of any reference that provides the coefficients of a typical Laplace transfer function that implements such a filter (including order, type (Bessel, Butterworth, etc)?; I am ok if I get the coefficients for the normalized angular frequency instead.

I want to stress that I am not after an analog filter primer but rather about the Laplace coefficients of an analog filter as close as those used in practice.

Thank you in advance.

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Typical Audio, CD quality Anti aliasing filter
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2010, 12:37pm

since you already using simulink, matlab gives you the transfer functions of butterworth, bessel cheby etc. analog filters

buttap
besselap
etc.

you can get the syntax from using help <command> in matlab.

once you have the poles and zeros you can get the coefficients of the laplace transform of transfer function by using the poly function

View Profile   IP Logged
buddypoor
Community Fellow

Bremen, Germany
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2010, 2:29am

Fernando wrote on Nov 5th, 2010, 4:15pm:
Hi all,

I am trying to setup a simulink model of a typical anti-aliasing filter used in audio, CD quality (ie 44Khz sampling rate).

Does anybody know of any reference that provides the coefficients of a typical Laplace transfer function that implements such a filter (including order, type (Bessel, Butterworth, etc)?; I am ok if I get the coefficients for the normalized angular frequency instead.

I want to stress that I am not after an analog filter primer but rather about the Laplace coefficients of an analog filter as close as those used in practice.

Thank you in advance.

Fernando,
do you hear about some powerful filter design programs which are available for free in the web?

LvW (buddypoor: In memory of the great late Buddy Rich)
View Profile   IP Logged
buddypoor
Community Fellow

Bremen, Germany
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2010, 9:35am

Mote than that, I direct your attention to AN699 from Microchip.

LvW (buddypoor: In memory of the great late Buddy Rich)
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.