The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EVM value in Cadence SpectreRF envelop analysis (Read 3906 times)
Mehran

EVM value in Cadence SpectreRF envelop analysis
Dec 04th, 2010, 10:09pm

Hi All,

I am simulating a QPSK transmitter using envelop analysis in cadence. when I plot the EVM, I can see the constellation and the EVM error percentage on the wave scan. But I can't have that percentage error as a scalar value. Is there any way that I can obtain the calculated percentage error as a scalar value? I would like to change some parameter later and plot the EVM error percentage based on the swept value.

Thanks in advance,
-Mehran

View Profile mehranizad   IP Logged
Mehran

Re: EVM value in Cadence SpectreRF envelop analysis
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2010, 2:10am

Hi,

I know EVM is a scalar value. Maybe I couldn't make myself clear. When I use direct plot in analog design environment (Cadence Spectre-RF after envelop analysis), just like the post you refer me to it, I can see the constellation. The EVM value and number of the symbols are written on the constellation graph as a label.  I would like to know if there is any way I can get the calculated EVM and number of the symbols as a scalar value returned to the calculator and not a label on the graph? Is there any calculator function or OCEAN function that can do it ?(other than evmQpsk in calculator because its the same thing at direct plot)

Mehran

Re: EVM value in Cadence SpectreRF envelop analysis
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2010, 2:16am

Hi Panchoo,

http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1260978648

you had this problem before. This was your question:
is there any method to get EVM value and Numbers of Symbol as string or numeric data from results of evmQpsk() ?

did you solve it?

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.