The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 8:21pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mixer IIP3 sim (Read 1761 times)
salty

Austin, Tx
Mixer IIP3 sim
Jan 20th, 2011, 10:44am

Trying to set up an iip3 sim for a mixer.  Confused by a couple of results.  I set things up according to rapid iip2/iip3 paper.  Set the LO harmonics to 3 and rf input signal to 3.  For qpac, set max clock order to 2.  Result is as expected.  Not, if I set max clock order in qpac to 4, I get about 5 dB better iip3.  If I increase the harmonics in qpss, results get a few db worse.  Any  guidlines on setting these parameters?

Using spectre qpss/qpac

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Mixer IIP3 sim
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2011, 11:19pm

I presume you're not actually using RapidIP3, because that would be done using PSS (with just LO enabled) and then PAC in RapidIP3 mode.

Without knowing what the behaviour of the circuit is, and what the spectral response is, it's very hard to give generic guidelines. I think you'll need to give some more details, and probably some pictures of the response you're getting from QPSS and QPAC.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.