The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 3:39pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are the RF MOS and analog MOS the same in fabrication? (Read 3117 times)
christon2002

P. R. China
Are the RF MOS and analog MOS the same in fabrication?
Mar 26th, 2011, 6:50am

Hi, all,

I am drawing the layout of my RF CMOS circuit, but it can not pass the LVS due to the LVS_RF layer(it is only for LVS, as the Design Rule said). If I delete this LVS_RF layer and change the RF MOS to analog MOS in schematic, it can pass the LVS.

So the problem is that, are the RF MOS and analog MOS the same in fabrication(such as doping etc.), and the different is only the model in simulation?

Regards,
Christon

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Are the RF MOS and analog MOS the same in fabrication?
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2011, 8:53am

Hi Christon,

I think the difference lies in the model only.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
rfidea

Europe
Re: Are the RF MOS and analog MOS the same in fabrication?
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2011, 2:56pm

Usually the RF MOS is fixed size transistor with fixed metal connections. Those connections are added to the model as an external network. But the basic transistor is the same.

I guess the LVS_RF layer is informing the LVS tool that this is a RF MOS and not an Analog MOS. Have you done something extra to the layout, such as connecting is some other layer compared to the one in the fixed layout? This could be the reason for LVS fail.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.