The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 1:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PLL phase noise in spectrerf (Read 2661 times)
simdes

PLL phase noise in spectrerf
May 21st, 2011, 4:26pm

Hello,
I would like to simulate phase noise of entire PLL in spectrerf. The circuit is not big and div ratio is 4 so there should be no problem. In Ken Kundert work on page 4 there is said that one should set period in PSS anal the same as ref freq, and tstab long enough to allow PLL to reach lock and then run pnoise. So I did, but after simulation in Direct plot form there's no phase noise tab, like is for example after simulation of autonomous VCO. Any idea how to get phase noise? (what Ken ment when suggesting using spectrerf for simple PLL noise?) In Direct plot form there is tdnoise  wher I can select output noise, maybe from that I can get phase noise in dBc after normalization to fundamental freq power?
Please help, in some places people mention that spectrerf can be used to simulate phase noise of PLL, but it's no practical for bigger circuits,but I cant find any suggestions how to actually perform/set up the simulation.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.