The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 2nd, 2024, 7:17am
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
is this circuit have overal -ve feedback? (Read 2492 times)
Ricky Chen
Community Member

Re: is this circuit have overal -ve feedback?
Reply #15 - Sep 28th, 2011, 11:07pm

raja.cedt wrote on Sep 1st, 2011, 3:36am:
hello nrk1,
thanks for your note. ya i forgot this. But from erlier post gain from gate of m1 is zero but one thing is m2 gate also moves due to m4,m3, correct me if am wrong.

Thanks.

Ya you may be right.
1st look left side arm :- due to del-V increment at the gate it will cause del-I1 current sink at the +ve Node of the OPAMP. So del-V1 reduction in + Node of the OPMAP.
2nd look right side arm:- due to del-v increment at the gate it will cause let say del-I2. But this will be far far smaller than del-I1 as it is degenerated by a current source M3. However due to the current mirror action of the left side ( you can apply supperposition for better understanding) del-I3 current will flow FROM the -ve Node. Now question is whether de-I3+del-I2 > or < del-I1. If > then it is a POSITIVE feed-back. If < then it is a NEGATIVE feedback. If the component generated due to mirroring action del-I3 is quite smaller than del-I1 then you will END up getting NEGATIVE feedback.

Ricky-

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.