The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 1st, 2024, 3:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
low Vt  sub-threshold design ? (Read 2618 times)
The Falcon

low Vt  sub-threshold design ?
Aug 23rd, 2011, 8:23am

Hi

is it reliable to design analog circuits  with Low Vt  MOS for new tech  like 65nm or 90nm
i mean also " are the models reliable ?"
any paper or links are highly welcomed

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: low Vt  sub-threshold design ?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 9:33am

hello,
you should ask this question to fab. For low Vt design refer to anatha chandrakasan reserch group.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Larry_80
Community Member

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 3:45pm

I believe you can, if your primary concern is low power instead of speed. But i will encourage you to do more research on this since from your question, you are relatively new in this area!

View Profile   IP Logged
Larry_80
Community Member

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 7:36pm

If the model file has your transistors modeled as subckts, then u can absolutely trust the models, if not then you cannot!

View Profile   IP Logged
harpoon

Hampshire
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2011, 1:09am

I can only say that it depends on foundries.

Generally, a lot of the foundry effort goes into getting the nominal devices to work ... and for an analogue kit, the effort is for getting the modelling right for "normal" operation of nominal devices.

A good indicator is to check how many "msmt vs sim" plots you get for those devices compared to a nominal device.

Also process control is tighter for the nominal Vt devices as that is the main device in any foundry offering (i think ?).

You will probably see a hit in yield if designing using low-vt + subthreshold for "critical" cells.

having said all that, do go for it ! Design is all about pushing the boundaries ... as long as you understand the risk you are taking !

good luck !

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.