The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 11:50am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multiple cadence "STB" analysis (or any) in one run (Read 5011 times)
nano_RF
Community Member

madison
Multiple cadence "STB" analysis (or any) in one run
Oct 07th, 2011, 3:38pm

Is it possible to run two "Stability" analysis in cadence? This is to check the stability of two non-related loop in one run. So essentially "STB" probe needs to be different and so the need to run two stability analysis.

Actually I am doing big corner simulation with various analysis selected and was hoping if there is a way to get the stability of two loop in one run. Or else i have to do another corner run just to check the stability of the other loop.

Thanks in advance..

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Multiple cadence "STB" analysis (or any) in one run
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2011, 11:16pm

Do you run corner analysis with Analog Design Environment? In ADE, the name for stb analysis is stb, and tran for tran analysis, ac for ac analysis. So the user cannot set more than one stb analysis if you work with ADE.  However, you'd better try Ocean or other scrip language.

--Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
rfidea

Europe
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2011, 6:53am

Which software are you using? I suppose you are using Analog Artist or Virtuoso from CDS.

If you are using version IC5.1.41 or older you are stuck with running one stb analysis per spectre run. If you are using IC6.1 you still have the same limitation when using the ADE tool. But if you use ADEXL you can define several Tests with different stb analysis in each Test.

View Profile   IP Logged
nano_RF
Community Member

madison
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2011, 8:01am

Thanks ywguo and RFidea.

Yes, I am using corner tools off ADE and yes it is 5.1.41 cadence version. So, I guess pretty much stuck with it.

I will play with ocean scripting to do sort of parametric run and dump the old result on to a file.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.