The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 3:40am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to start modeling? (Read 2195 times)
RKGARG

How to start modeling?
Nov 16th, 2011, 8:45am

I need to create a behavioral model of a device using the equations, to verify that model, and to further use that model in circuits using some circuit simulator. I dont have any idea about how to do this task, I need to do this as part of a project and some of the tools from synopsys are available in the Lab. Can somebody tell which tools should i use and how the task can be done.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: How to start modeling?
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2011, 5:57am

Are you looking to make a compact device model?  There's a fair bit of material out there on Verilog-A compact modeling, and Synopsys' HSpice has a Verilog-A compiler (it may require a license).  

If you click on "Verilog-AMS" in the menubar in the header of this page, you'll find a page of some sample models.  I guess you'd want to download one of the "semiconductor device" models.  It looks like all the test circuits are in Spectre format, so you'll have to convert them to HSpice.  Then run that test case and see if your version of HSpice works with Verilog-A.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.