The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:50am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simulate veriloga model using spectre only (Read 3116 times)
xuedashun

simulate veriloga model using spectre only
Jan 12th, 2012, 8:12am

I am using spectre to run a simulation. The testbench is very simiple and has a voltage source, a resistor and a diode. The diode has symbol view and veriloga view.

But I have an error in the simulation log file:
" ERROR: Netlister: unable to descend into any of the views defined in the view list "spectre cmos_sch cmos.sch schematic vedriloga ahds" for instance Idiode in cell....."

I don't understand why it happens. It seems netlister can not find the veriloga view for the diode, but it's in my library. I remember specter supports veriloga model. (If I use config view for the testbench, it should be ok. I just want to use spectre only to simulate it)

Could you give me some suggestion? Thank you!!

View Profile   IP Logged
rfidea

Europe
Re: simulate veriloga model using spectre only
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2012, 10:39am

You have write "vedriloga " in your post. Was that the case in the simulator setup as well or did you to a typo in the post.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: simulate veriloga model using spectre only
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2012, 11:15am

You should also search this forum for "veriloga view" -- there's some trick I remember reading about in another post, having to do with saving the view.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.