The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 2:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to do random simulation on parameters defined in a verilog-A model? (Read 4578 times)
manodipan
Community Member

How to do random simulation on parameters defined in a verilog-A model?
Mar 07th, 2012, 2:10am

Hi All,
I want to random simulations on some parameters defined in my verilog-A model. Can you give some suggestions?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: How to do random simulation on parameters defined in a verilog-A model?
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2012, 6:42am

I can't give any suggestions without a better idea of what you're trying to do.

Are you trying to do something with $random or $rdist in the Verilog-A model, or do you just want to pass some random values to parameters of your module (so you would just put the appropriate GAUSS calls in the netlist)?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
manodipan
Community Member

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2012, 9:11pm

Hi,
Passing on a list of parametrs is ok,but if i don't want to do then how to apply randomness to any parameter let's say random width variation and i want to know random distribution of the output current....

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2012, 6:48am

Like I said: your two options are to pass GAUSS as a parameter value, or within the module to use one of the $rdist_ functions to add a variation to the width that's actually used in the current computation.  Be careful, though, that you don't get a different random value for each timepoint if you use the latter approach.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.