The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 11th, 2024, 8:40am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mixer Input Impedance using PSS+PAC (Read 5108 times)
unevb

Mixer Input Impedance using PSS+PAC
Apr 15th, 2012, 6:33pm

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the input matching S11 of a passive mixer in SpectreRF using a PSS+PSP simulation. My passive mixer is made of ideal switch ( analogLib:switch).

In simulations I observe that the S11 is dependent on the value input power delivered by the input port!  I set the port parameter

Case 1: Amplitude  1(Vpk) = 1
Case 2: Amplitude  1(Vpk) = 7m

In both the cases the frequency response of the S11 looks quite different.

Please note, the mixer is made of ideal component only, so it is not as if changing the Amplitude of the input power is resulting is any of the switches becoming non-linear or some phenomenon of that nature.

If someone has any comments on this, that would be great!

Thanks,
unevB

View Profile   IP Logged
RFICDUDE
Community Fellow

Re: Mixer Input Impedance using PSS+PAC
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2012, 5:44pm

There should not be an amplitude dependence to the frequency response if ideal switches are used. It is more likely that the simulation accuracy is somehow impacted by the amplitude.

I have seen "gear" integration methods numerically dampen results as signals increase in amplitude before, so you might want to use "traponly" and see if there is any difference in the pss results.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.