The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 9:11pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
enabling warnings for oxide breakdown in spectre (Read 2516 times)
sriram

enabling warnings for oxide breakdown in spectre
May 10th, 2012, 9:00am

Hi,
I am performing power amplifier simulations using STmicroelectronics technology.
I am trying to do a large signal HB simulation and I want to know when the device oxide breaks down. However, even when I increase the VDD and input power to unrealistically high numbers, spectre does not show any warning messages on the oxide breakdown.
I used to get these messages before when I used the IBM technology. I am wondering if there is a switch I could turn on or something.
Can anyone help me with where to look for to enable this warning?

This might be technology specific though Sad

Sriram

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: enabling warnings for oxide breakdown in spectre
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2012, 5:30am

Did you try looking at "spectre -help options" to see if there's one you can set to enable those warnings?

Also check your device models to see what if the oxide breakdown value (vbox?) is set -- and if there's a parameter to turn those warnings on/off.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.