The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 1st, 2024, 3:21am
Poll Poll
Question: Power vs Area

power consumption  
  1 (50%)
Area increase  
  1 (50%)

Total votes: 2
« Created by: haykp on: May 14th, 2012, 5:37am »

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CMFB Desing Question (Read 3048 times)
Analog_Designer

Egypt
CMFB Desing Question
May 13th, 2012, 5:57am

I'm working on a Capacitive Feedback Telescopic Cascode OTA Design using 0.35 um technology and i can't design a CMFB without deteriorating the output swing as the Dynamic range is one of the major concerns . any suggestions ? ..... Thanks in Advance .....

View Profile   IP Logged
Analog_Designer

Egypt
More details
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2012, 1:55am

Okay then ! This was my first question in this forum hoping for the people to interact more than this . Any way the topologies i tried till now are three. the attached file may explain it better than me ... Cheesy . I hope this time i get an answer .... thanks in advance .....

View Profile   IP Logged
Lex

Eindhoven, Holland
Re: CMFB Desing Question
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2012, 4:10am

Are you really expecting us to help you with something that resembles a homework assignment? Wink

Some hints:
- if your swing is a problem, check voltage headroom, and determine what is limiting the voltage headroom.
- if your voltage headroom is the problem, apply some topology that is best for it. Make a good mix and match of NMOS and PMOS. =)

Good luck.

View Profile   IP Logged
Analog_Designer

Egypt
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2012, 12:44pm

Lex wrote on May 14th, 2012, 4:10am:
Are you really expecting us to help you with something that resembles a homework assignment? Wink

Some hints:
- if your swing is a problem, check voltage headroom, and determine what is limiting the voltage headroom.
- if your voltage headroom is the problem, apply some topology that is best for it. Make a good mix and match of NMOS and PMOS. =)

Good luck.

First:   Thank you for your reply

Second :  I just need help in my way of learning analog design, by the way i have just been graduated from the faculty of engineering, Electronics and Communication Department in 2011 ,means i'm a fresh graduate, and i'm ,now, working as a VLSI Researcher in a research lab ,just started, i have taken this project to learn and to revise the analog info i have taken in the college and to put them in action ,so, i thought of interacting with people in a forum so as to exchange knowledge and experiences . thank you anyway Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
wave

Silicon Valley
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2012, 5:43pm

Look at a Switched Cap CMFB circuit

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #5 - May 16th, 2012, 2:37am

The output voltages of OTA are out of the normal operating range of your two CMFB circuits.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.