The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 8:47am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADEXL Monte Carlo Simulation Error: no statistical data generated for the test (Read 6750 times)
ranran

ADEXL Monte Carlo Simulation Error: no statistical data generated for the test
May 23rd, 2012, 11:12am

Hey all, I am encountering a problem when running Monte Carlo simulation in ADE XL. I want to use Monte Carlo mismatch simulation to find out the achievable IIP2 of a passive mixer at each corner (typical fast and slow). I am using virtuoso 6.1.4 and IBM cms9flp design kit. At the end of the running it gives the warning as follows:
ADEXL-5052: Monte Carlo run stopped because no statistical data generated for the test: XXX
1. In the output setup, I did add a scalar expression of IIP2, but it is a little bit complicated because my in/output signal is current. I have IIP2=ipn(hb2dBm hb1dBm 2 1), where I substitute hb2dBm and hb1dBm with dBm version of hb1 and hb2 where
hb1=harmonic(i("/V14/PLUS" ?result "sweephb_hb_fi-sweep") list(-1 0 1)) ---- fund
and hb2=harmonic(i("/V14/PLUS" ?result "sweephb_hb_fi-sweep") list(0 -1 1)) ---- 2nd order harmonic
2. For the corner setup, I turned off the process variation switch, customized the model file of design.scs for each corner and included them in the corner setup window. I also chose method "All" for Monte Carlo setup.

I am guessing the problem comes from step 1 with the expression for IIP2, but I dont know exactly where because it worked well for single simulation in ADE L.. and it is a scalar. Anyone has experience on this? Any help will be really appreciated Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
oermens
Community Member

Re: ADEXL Monte Carlo Simulation Error: no statistical data generated for the test
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2012, 5:36am

Last time I used an IBM process, all the switches for process corner and statistics were in design.scs, and the model guide gave instructions on how to set different parameters to change the corner and enable/disable statistics. I believe you need to select "All" when doing either process or mismatch analysis, based on how your design.scs is configured it will evaluate the corresponding statistics.

View Profile   IP Logged
ranran

Re: ADEXL Monte Carlo Simulation Error: no statistical data generated for the test
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:50am

Yes you are right, and it works well now. Thanks, oermens.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.