The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 6:48am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sigma-delta ADC: Matlab sims vs Spice sims. Odd harmonics (Read 2878 times)
hoss

Tokyo, JPN
Sigma-delta ADC: Matlab sims vs Spice sims. Odd harmonics
May 25th, 2012, 1:23am

Hello all,

I am currently trying to design the analogue part of a 2nd-order sigma-delta ADC. My bandwidth is 1KHz and I need to achieve SNDR > 98dB (16bits).

I have started with some Matlab-Simulink simulations base on the SigmaDelta Toolbox. The only non-desired effect I am considering so far is just the switch non-linearity and the KT/C noise. Both integrators are ideal and there is no saturation in the system.

I have implemented the same system in my spice simulator. Ideal integrators and comparator.

When simulating both systems under same conditions, I have found that the schematic simulation has odd harmonics, which are not visible with Simulink. These harmonics ruin my SNDR so results are different from expected.

I have seen other people having the same issue as me but, I still don't know where these harmonics come from or how to reduce them.

Even with ideal components, are odd-order harmonics a common issue in SD-ADCs?

Thank you in advance to everyone providing some feedback.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.