The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:34pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How does the analog solver deal with multi-discipline AMS Models (Read 1889 times)
jerome_ams
Community Member

How does the analog solver deal with multi-discipline AMS Models
Jun 26th, 2012, 8:45am

Hi there,
We are developping electromagnetical VHDL-AMS models and wonder how the analog solver solves multi-discipline AMS simulations.
In case of an electrical simulation, it s pretty clear: Kirchoff s laws are applied on the currents, and then the voltages are derived out the current values, right?
For other disciplines, like magnetic, I expect that the same thing will apply, based on the Generalized Kirchoff s Law applied on "through" and "across" quantities.
But how an electromagnetical  equation will be solved?
Let s say I have : MMF == Ns * I;
where MMF is the magneto force (across quantity, magnetic discipline), I is the electrical current (through quantity) and Ns is a constant?
How both electrical and magnetic disciplines related resolution schemes are coupled? Is there a priorization between electrical and magnetic quantities computation?
Many thx!
Cheers;
J

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.