The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 6:15am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bind to schematic and verilog view for standard cells (Read 41 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Bind to schematic and verilog view for standard cells
Nov 30th, 2012, 1:56am

Hello Guys,

I need to bind standard cell to schematic and verilog views simultaneously in my test bench. In one part of my design, it is implemented with RTL, syntheis, and PR. the other part of my design is schematic drawn manually.  That is a good test bench in the early stage of my design. I can simulate RTL code and schematic with ams designer.

Now I have verilog netlist exported from PR tool, and related SDF file. I want to verify the function and timing of the analog/digital interface. It is good to simulate the test bench with verilog netlist + SDF for the digital part, and with transistors in the analog part.

Of course the standard cells in the digital part are bind to verilog view. Unfortunately, some standard cells are used in the analog part, too. The simulation stops and have the following error message.

Quote:
1779_1 (I1778_Y, dvdd, dgnd, clk_f);
     |
ncelab: *E,CUVWLP (./netlist.vams,217|6): Too many module port connections.

It seems that ams designer does not clarify the verilog view and schematic view. The schematic view has two additional pins, vdd and vss, compared to the verilog view.

Anyone can help me? Do you have any comments? Thanks in advance.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.