The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 7:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need to do behavioral Modelling of a system having both digital and analog block (Read 2911 times)
indra0804

India
Need to do behavioral Modelling of a system having both digital and analog block
Jun 19th, 2013, 2:22am

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to the cadence environment. I am required to do the behavioral modelling of a system that consists both analog as well as digital blocks. While I have done behavioral modelling of analog components like comparators, switches etc using Verilog-A. And also I have done digital circuit modelling using Verilog.

Now my question is how do I proceed to model a system that has both types of components in it? It will be very helpful if someone could tell me the steps that I need to follow and the tools that I need to use for getting this done.

Thanks in advance..

Indrajit

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Need to do behavioral Modelling of a system having both digital and analog block
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2013, 4:02am

Take a look at chapter 3 "AMS Behavioral Modeling" of the Mixed-Signal Methodology Guide, which is available in four pdf files from http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-blogs/eda-designline-blog/4397605/Book-excerp....

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
indra0804

India
Re: Need to do behavioral Modelling of a system having both digital and analog block
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2013, 12:00am

Hey Frank, thanx for the reply. I am going through the docs. seems really helpful.

Indra

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.