The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 9:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Model for Complex Filter (Read 3288 times)
John_S4

Model for Complex Filter
Dec 17th, 2013, 6:47am

I would like to build a behavioral model for a Complex Filter.

I don't know the details of how to design a complex filter yet, but building a behavioral model might help get me there.

First let me say what I mean by a complex filter.
This is an analog filter with I and Q inputs designed to be driven by a quadrature down-converter. The complex filter attempts to pass one sideband (above or below the LO) while rejecting the other sideband essentially performing image rejection.

One way this filter is implemented is with two LPFs cross-coupled in such a way that the LPF response (viewed for positive and negative frequencies) is linearly shifted in frequency to create a bandpass response.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to design these filters or how to build behavioral models for them?

Thanks in advance,
John

View Profile   IP Logged
tm123
Community Member

Chicago, IL
Re: Model for Complex Filter
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2013, 7:17am

John_S4,

Try this paper:

"An Active-RC Reconfigurable Lowpass-Polyphase Tow-Thomas Biquad Filter" by Yamazaki, Ravindran, Akgun, and Ismail; 47th IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.