The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 20th, 2024, 5:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some issues regarding MOSFET parameters (Read 3485 times)
AMSA
Community Member

Some issues regarding MOSFET parameters
Feb 06th, 2014, 4:05am

Hi guys,

I am starting with Cadence and I am using UMC 0.13um technology. Right now I'm trying to get the MOSFET parameters like Kn, Vt, Tox, Φf, γn, Cgs, μn and Cox.

We know that Cox = εox/tox;
Question: We can get tox from the technology MOSFET model? I am right now with the pdf open and in the page where I can read Tox extraction. This is the value that I should use? The graph is plotted CGG(F) against VGS(V).

If so, from here I can get Cox, taking into account that εox=εr x εo where εr =3,97 (for SiO2) and εo=8.85E-18 F/um.

Now to calculate Cgs, I've to use this expression? Cgs=2/3 W L Cox?

Now I can get the μn, from the Ids equation.

Please correct me if I am wrong and how can I get the Kn, Φf and γn?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Some issues regarding MOSFET parameters
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2014, 5:57pm

Hi,

you should be able to get approximations for the parameters you want. But the actual device model is quite different and more complex than what you will find in your textbook. If you're using the BSIM model, this book will come in handy,

http://www.amazon.com/MOSFET-Models-SPICE-Simulation-Including/dp/0471396974

its worth reading the first couple of chapters anyway.

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.