The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 3:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Measurement of Power Supply Sensitivity for OTA using cadence (Read 2969 times)
analog geek

Measurement of Power Supply Sensitivity for OTA using cadence
Jun 17th, 2014, 1:15pm

Hello Guys,
                       I am working on OTA design and wants to measure the power supply sensitivity which is  basically gain from power supply to output. I am using just single supply of 5 volts.

The way I am measuring this is I am connecting small ac supply to power supply terminal VDD and measuring the output voltage. The ratio is the required sensitivity. But I am not sure about this.

If any one help me with this that would be grateful. 8-)

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Measurement of Power Supply Sensitivity for OTA using cadence
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2014, 5:44pm

That's roughly how I would do it...

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
nat

Warsaw
Re: Measurement of Power Supply Sensitivity for OTA using cadence
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2014, 2:18am

As with everything there is alternative approach.

You can use XF analysis, then you won't have to play around with AC sources at supply.

I've learned this method from nice presentation by Jonathan David from Cadence titled    Characterizing Differential Amplifiers for Communications Circuits - Measuring Performance with Simulation for First Pass Success. You can find pdf by googling the title.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.