The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 9:13am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nulling the parasitic inductance of package (Read 1907 times)
Shanw

USA
Nulling the parasitic inductance of package
May 04th, 2016, 7:34pm

My driver is short to the package, and I found that the parasitic inductance of the package can cause bad signal.

Besides making parallel package to reduce the inductance method, is there any other method I can do? Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: Nulling the parasitic inductance of package
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2016, 8:34am

Not relay. But be careful on parallel package, that wont make your Inductance half of the original value due to mutual coupling. You can prove on paper that under perfect coupling (K=1) there is no change in the resultant Inductance. Few people try to reduce the loop area by keeping bond very close to the package plane, but this has reliability issues.

I would go with less slew rate, if circuit allows or consider Flip-chip if there are no thermal issues.

Best regards,
Raj.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
RobG
Community Fellow

Bozeman, MT
Re: Nulling the parasitic inductance of package
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2016, 10:12am

I agree with Raja on two bond wires not make that big of a difference, but it does help. I'm not sure what you mean by "bad signal." If it is ringing then you can add some series R to dampen LC circuit.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.