The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 1st, 2024, 3:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
constant current source independent of load resistance (Read 486 times)
umesh

Pune
constant current source independent of load resistance
Jul 27th, 2016, 1:19am

Dear all,
I got the circuit for constant current source using op-amp known as howland current source. I have attached the circuit diagram. I got 5.2mA constant current at variable load from 10 ohm to 5k ohm. Vin is limited to 12V and expected output current should be 8mA. Please anyone suggest me what to change in this circuit so that i can get 8mA constant current.
I simulated this circuit in LTspice when i change the value of R (R1,R2,R3,R5) below 2.3k then i have getting constant current at variable load.

View Profile   IP Logged
vroy_92

Leuven, Belgium
Re: constant current source independent of load resistance
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2016, 11:44pm

umesh wrote on Jul 27th, 2016, 1:19am:
Dear all,
I got the circuit for constant current source using op-amp known as howland current source. I have attached the circuit diagram. I got 5.2mA constant current at variable load from 10 ohm to 5k ohm. Vin is limited to 12V and expected output current should be 8mA. Please anyone suggest me what to change in this circuit so that i can get 8mA constant current.
I simulated this circuit in LTspice when i change the value of R (R1,R2,R3,R5) below 2.3k then i have getting constant current at variable load.

Can you please post the circuit digram?

Regards,
V Roy
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.