The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:53am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why do we need CDS, not only use auto-zero instead? (Read 1806 times)
Jacki

Why do we need CDS, not only use auto-zero instead?
Feb 28th, 2018, 11:42pm

Hello,

Recently I recall the definition of correlated double sampling and auto-zeroing, i find it is not necessary to use CDS, we can just use auto-zeroing instead. Here we don't discuss the chopping.
   For example, in the switched-capacitor amplifier, we can use capacitive reset instead of opamp reset to achieve the auto-zeroing. But if we want to use the CDS, we have to either add more capacitors or change the switching solution (for example the CDS integrator).
   My first question is now that we can use auto-zeroing to achieve the offset cancellation, why we need CDS?
   My second question is when we use CDS, the opamp should have lower thermal noise, why? If the CDS is normally used in oversampling, maybe it is better for the fast response at the output than auto-zeroing.
   Any comments? Correction? Thank you very much.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jacki

Re: Why do we need CDS, not only use auto-zero instead?
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2018, 5:26am

Can we say CDS is used for high-speed application compared with auto-zeroing?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.