The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:03pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jitter from specreRF pnoise (Read 1765 times)
dkumar

chennai
Jitter from specreRF pnoise
Aug 06th, 2018, 1:42pm

Hi All,

I am sure this topic has been beaten to death, but here I am again asking the same question.

I have a very simple clock receiver - a simple open loop diff-pair followed by some inverters. ( I assume this would be called driven circuit). It receives a sinusoid of 2.4GHz of 200mV amplitude and gives a squarewave (rail to rail) of 2.4GHz.

I need to calculate the jitter of the output square wave. I used PSS and Pnoise analysis. In pnoise form I used 'timeaverage'.

Not the question is: When i check the result in direct plot from for pnoise, I can plot the output noise in dBc/Hz, dBV/Hz, V**2/Hz and V/sr(Hz).

I want to find jitter by integrating this phase noise.

1. In dBc/Hz plot, what is the career? Is it the input sinewave at 200mV or the output square wave at VDD?

2. I have to integrate the phase noise from dc to 1.2GHz. I do not think I can integrate dBc/Hz plot as it is in log scale. If I integrate V**2/Hz plot, I lose the information of career. What should I do to accomplish this integration?

Please help!!

View Profile   IP Logged
deba
Community Member

Re: Jitter from specreRF pnoise
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2018, 3:35am

You can use pnoise=pmjitter option for simulating the edge jitter.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.