The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:05pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Noise sims for switched capacitor amplifiers (Read 608 times)
vm511

Noise sims for switched capacitor amplifiers
Nov 25th, 2019, 12:10pm

Hi all,
I am simulating a switched capacitor circuit with very low capacitances (feedback capacitor is 5fF). I am observing issues with my simulations that I wanted to clarify:
1. On running the transient noise and PSS-PNoise analysis --> the results match with each other, and are lower than what I expect theoretically.
2. However, when I do noise analysis in the two phases of the circuit separately, the values match my theoretical prediction and are more than that.
This especially happens when I'm using capacitive autozeroing (that is in the offset storage phase, a capacitor is connected in feedback instead of connecting the opamp in unity gain)
For my .noise analysis, I'm running transient analysis and then using .prevoppoint I'm doing the noise analysis at that point.
For effect of offset storage phase I'm calculating the charge stored at the input of the opamp (where the input capacitance and feedback capacitance are connected) by multiplying the rms voltage by the total capacitance at that node. And then I'm dividing this charge by the feedback capacitance to get the effect on the output.
I'm unsure why .noise analysis and PSS-PNoise/Transient noise are giving me different results and completely lost on which simulation to trust.
I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.