The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Confusion with the terminology "RMS jitter" in papers. Is it Jc or Jee? (Read 692 times)
seriuswhite

Confusion with the terminology "RMS jitter" in papers. Is it Jc or Jee?
Sep 30th, 2020, 9:02am

Greetings,
While doing literature survey [1] and [2], I found that the authors have used the word "rms jitter" to report their jitter numbers. I am confused whether they mean cycle jitter (Jc) or edge-to-edge jitter (Jee)  since both of them are jitter and are rms quantities.
Could you please tell me which jitter are they refering to?

P.S. I know what each term mean.

[1] A. Elkholy et al., "15.4 A 20-to-1000MHz ±14ps peak-to-peak jitter reconfigurable multi-output all-digital clock generator using open-loop fractional dividers in 65nm CMOS," 2014 IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference Digest of Technical Papers (ISSCC)

[2] S. Hung and S. Pamarti, "6.4 A 0.5-to-2.5GHz Multi-Output Fractional Frequency Synthesizer with 90fs Jitter and -106dBc Spurious Tones Based on Digital Spur Cancellation," 2019 IEEE International Solid- State Circuits Conference

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.