The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 16th, 2024, 2:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Circuit simulation and parasitics: do we need more speed, or more insight (or bo (Read 558 times)
Maks
Community Member

San Jose
Circuit simulation and parasitics: do we need more speed, or more insight (or bo
Nov 07th, 2020, 3:14pm

My recent article on this topic on LinkedIn generated a lot of feedback, from the community of IC designers and layout engineers.
I am placing a pointer to that article and discussion, in a hope that it may be useful for some people here, who struggle with parasitics in advanced nodes and in high-speed or precision analog designs.
==================================

IC layout parasitics are playing increasingly important role in IC designs.

How to properly handle the parasitics?
Is speed of simulation (SPICE, IR/EM, timing, etc.) the only problem, or are there other important aspects beyond simulation speed - like deeper insight, better visualization, better identification and ranking of the critical parasitic elements and layout layers or shapes?

I discuss these and related questions in my LinkedIn article "Circuit simulation and parasitics: do we need more speed, or more insight (or both)?"

Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences on this topic.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/circuit-simulation-parasitics-do-we-need-more-spe...

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.