The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 16th, 2024, 2:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to simulate the "unlatched gain" of a dynamic comparator (Read 696 times)
wax and wane

How to simulate the "unlatched gain" of a dynamic comparator
May 09th, 2021, 10:42pm

Hi everybody,

I have read the paper "Comparator Metastability Analysis" from this Forum and try to test the probability of comparators make a wrong disicion.

https://designers-guide.org/analysis/metastability.pdf

In this paper, there is a definition that Aul is the comparator unlatched gain. But how to simulate the "unlatched gain" of the dynamic comparator like strong arm and double-tailes ?

I'm confused about the definition and the simulation way about the "unlatched gain",can you give me some advise or the simulation guide?

It's the first time I use this Forum. Thanks a lot!

unlatched_gain.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
Re: How to simulate the "unlatched gain" of a dynamic comparator
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2021, 1:09am

Without consulting that paper (I've read it maybe 8 years ago...) I guess this is the analog gain when the dynamic latch is released from a reset state. Reset state here means when the gain stages are balanced to remove any voltage imbalance due to the previous decision. Therefore you should just measure the loop gain of the gain stage with an stb analysis.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.