The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
chip layout: PCI vs OVL (Read 96 times)
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
chip layout: PCI vs OVL
Mar 14th, 2022, 8:04am

Hi guys,

The technology I will shortly use have both PCI (process control image) and OVL (overlay) layout cells for the chip-level layout, which should be placed within a given distance. There are DRC checks to check it. As far as I understand both of these helps the positioning of the reticles. OVLs should be used for every chip, while PCI should be used within a given chip, multiple times. Do you know what is the difference between them? Looking into cells has not helped me, and sadly consulting multiple documents of the technology has not enlighten me, and we have no official support for the technology (seemed better in the budgeting excel table I guess). The difference between them seems to be only logical and their purpose seems to be the same.

Thanks,
Zoltan

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.