The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 6:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finding Rdson for Mosfet (CMOS) in 22nm (Read 137 times)
aguntuk

Dresden, Germany
Finding Rdson for Mosfet (CMOS) in 22nm
Oct 04th, 2023, 1:17am

To size mosfet (22nm technology), I need to know the on-resistance (Rdson) of the mosfet. Now How can I find the one resistance (RDSon) in cadence virtuoso for the MOSFET? DC operating point is not giving me any value for it. Is there any way to simulate? For example, for nmos, if I use voltage source at drain as supply and also use voltage source at gate voltage Vgs as input, then draw Vds/Ids across Vgs should give me Rdson (on resistance) - Is that the way to find out the on resistance for specific gate voltage or Vgs? I am working in Cadence Virtuoso.

View Profile   IP Logged
smlogan
Community Member

Boston, MA
Re: Finding Rdson for Mosfet (CMOS) in 22nm
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2023, 11:48am

Dear aguntuk,

> Now How can I find the one resistance (RDSon) in cadence virtuoso for the
MOSFET?

This topic was discussed in the Cadence Forum at URL:

https://community.cadence.com/cadence_technology_forums/f/custom-ic-design/45536...
/finding-large-signal-drain-source-resistance-rds-for-bsim-cmg-106-1-model-in-sp
ectre-by-dc-analysis

You can either simulate it as outlined in the Forum post or define an output as vds/ids as also stated in the Forum post.

Shawn

Shawn
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.