The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 9:01am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sparse matrix (Read 5668 times)
vova

Sparse matrix
Apr 04th, 2003, 4:00pm

I am using Sparse V1.3a and need to get a pointer to an existing element knowing only row and column numbers. Actually Sparse which I am using does not have a function for that. So I just want to know if
such a function already exist, or I am forced to write my own, modifing spPrint()?

Thanks,
Vova.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Sparse matrix
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2003, 4:17pm

The function spGetElement allows you to get a pointer to an existing element knowing only the row and column number. It will, however, create the element if it does not already exist.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
vova

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2003, 5:06pm

I don't want to waste memory. I have a look at spGetElement. It seems I can use spcFindElementinCol() with NO as a last argumen. But I am cunfused, will it work for col=row?

Thanks a lot,
Vova.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2003, 3:24pm

There is a function in the Spice3 compatibility code in spSMP.c that does what you want. It is SMPfindElt(). Do you have that code?

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
vova

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2003, 1:55pm

Yes, I have spsmp.c. Thanks for letting me know about SMPfindElt(), now I am using this function.

Vova.

View Profile   IP Logged
rf-design

Reiner Franke

Germany
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2003, 2:06am

I am interessted in circuit simulation implementation.

Does anybody now about

1. Solving sparse matrix by combinations of direct and iterative method. Where pivot ordering and selection generate side information which part to solve direct and which iterative.

2. Is there a reuse of pivot information while processing different transient steps?

3. Does the pivot selection and reordering change much at circuit discontiniousities?

4. Does circuit simulator implementations exist based on state variable approach. How these implement rank deficiencies?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.