The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 27th, 2024, 1:58am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulation of LNA+MIXER  in SpectreRF simulat (Read 41 times)
mahbub Reja

Simulation of LNA+MIXER  in SpectreRF simulat
Feb 11th, 2004, 3:42pm

Hi all,

How, can I simulate LNA+Mixer together  with SpetreRF simulator?

I want to do simulation for conversion gain, noise-figure, 1dB compression point and IP3. What analyses, I should do. Before I simulate only mixer with PSS, Pnoise, PSP and PAC and I had three ports (RF input, LO input and IF output ports) . I am wondering, How can LNA and mixer be combinedly simulated. Suppose, I want to do in this way that I set RF input as LNA input, IF output as Mixer output and third port as LO input of mixer. If I simulate now for conversion gain with PSS and PXF, will it work or not?

Please, Someone help me with simulation setup for LNA  and Mixer together. Please Tell  me the links, Where I can get documentations for simulation setups for LNA+MIXER.

Best Regards

Mahbub Reja

University of Alberta.

IP Logged
August West
Community Member

I'll get up and fly
away

Re: Simulation of LNA+MIXER  in SpectreRF sim
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2004, 5:43pm

Mahbub,
One simulates the combination of an LNA and mixer in exactly the same way as one simulates a mixer alone. Rather than driving the input of the mixer, you drive the input of the LNA and let it drive the mixer.

-August

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.